Audit Senior - Jersey
To act as the senior auditor in undertaking audits of financial statements or other assurance work.
- Work under the oversight of Audit Director and Audit Manager
- Run complete audits
- Work as part of a bigger team on larger audit assignments
- Run audits from initial planning to final completion with the Partner
- Produce comprehensive and accurate audit files and working papers
- Review the work of more junior members of the team
- Understand and act on instructions
- Supervise and mentor trainees from time to time
- Work to deadlines
- Undertake and satisfactorily complete all professional development training required by the company.
Technical / Professional / Qualifications / Requirements
- ICAEW/ACCA Accountancy Qualification or equivalent
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Additionally, candidates must have a spent the majority of their professional career working in external audit in a professional practice
- Familiarity of and experience in working with the clarified International Standards on Auditing is a further requirement
- An understanding of Jersey’s Financial Services regime or a similar regulated financial services regime (whilst not a requirement) would be perceived as a positive attribute.
Client: Strong client focus; Driven to deliver a quality service; Sets standards.
Company: Has a commercial outlook; Follows procedures; Has an innovative approach to work; Spots opportunities; Manages risk; Demonstrable active learning; Evidence of shared learning.
People: Collaborative; Team Player; Strong communication skills; Shares knowledge and experience. Some management responsibility experience and skills.