Compliance Officer FSB - 6 Month FTC
To provide assistance to the Compliance Director in developing and maintaining an effective compliance culture across the range of regulated services.
To provide general compliance oversight and support, particularly in the Fund Services Business and Schedule 2 business by undertaking the required Compliance Monitoring and providing information, guidance and support where required.
Compliance Monitoring Program
· Assist Compliance Management with revision of the Compliance Monitoring Plan;
· Carry out (assist with) reviews as per CMP schedule for the regulated entities, the managed entities and funds including regular monitoring and review of client risk assessments;
· Prepare reports detailing scope of review and findings;
· Assist in recommendations to address deficiencies;
· Monitor the implementation and performance of the recommendations.
New Business Take-On
· Act as a source of information and assistance to the business functions including generally assist the business functions with CDD/AML queries on existing and new business;
· Liaise with client facing staff in collating client documentation for compliance files;
· Participate in the client risk assessment processes.
· Support management of higher risk business activities and relationships (including PEPs) and attendant AML/CTF/ABAC/Sanctions risks.
· Regulate associated processes, including:
o Entity set-ups;
o CDD documentation;
o Client risk assessments;
o Management of 90-day compliance reviews.
· Assist Compliance Management on ad hoc initiatives as required.
· Assist with the planning and preparation of information and documents for regulatory and audit examinations.
· Assist in the compilation and preparation of the compliance reports for management and boards of directors.
· Assist in the planning and carrying out of client reviews in relation to:
o Dear CEO letters;
o Regulatory changes;
o Service reviews.
· Maintain compliance/operational registers (breaches, POA’s, conflicts, etc.);
· Assist in the development and integration of new and updated procedures where appropriate;
· Provide information and guidance to the business functions.
· Support preparation of compliance reporting to business and management forums.
· Keep up to date with regulatory and legislative changes including attending seminars and training courses as required.
· Assist Compliance Management on any other tasks as required.
Technical / Professional / Qualifications / Requirements
Attained Graduate (2:1 Minimum Entry Level); or School Leaver (Minimum of 3 'A' Levels at Grade B or above)
- Holds an appropriate professional Compliance qualification; OR
- Holds another relevant financial services professional qualification;
Has evidence of Continuous Professional Development; PLUS
Has a minimum 5 years' experience in compliance in a regulated financial services environment;
Firm: Driven to deliver a quality service; Sets standards; Sound knowledge of operational policies and procedures, particularly those covering Investment Business and Fund Services Business; Han an innovative approach to work; Manages risk; Strong organisational skills and ability to work to strict deadlines; Demonstrable active learning; a high level of accuracy and attantion to detail; Good level of judgment and logical approach to problem so
People: Collaborative; Team player; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Shares knowledge and experience; Some management responsibility experience and skills