Accounting & Business Services
To provide accounting services to a range of 'local' clients.
- Preparation of financial statements for various sole traders, partnerships, companies and groups that conform to appropriate accounting principles, guidelines and laws;
- This may require analysis of client accounting records and processing of raw accounting data to trial balance or importing trial balance from accounting software;
- Preparation of Income Tax Computations and dividend certificates for submission to the Comptroller of Taxes;
- Preparation of GST returns for submission to relevant regulatory authority;
- Preparation of management accounts for a range of local clients including trading companies, property holding groups and not for profit organisations;
- Preparation of legible and comprehensive working papers;
- Preparation or review of Jersey Personal Tax Returns, Guernsey Corporate Tax Returns, UK tax computations and UK Non-Resident Landlord Returns.
Technical / Professional / Qualifications / Requirements
- ICAEW/ACCA Accountancy Qualification;
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development;
- Strong accounting skills and experience of preparing accounts for local businesses;
- Technical knowledge of accounting standards for UK GAAP;
- Knowledge of Jersey income tax and a working knowledge of Guernsey income tax and UK taxation as they relate to local businesses.
Client: Strong client focus, driven to deliver a quality service, seek opportunities for development of client delivery and service, sets standards.
Firm: Has a commercial outlook, follows procedures, innovative approach to work, identifies procedural weaknesses and areas for efficiencies, manages regulations and risk, proactive escalation of self-identified risk areas, demonstrable active learning, evidence of shared learning.
People: Collaborative, team player, strong communication skills, shares knowledge and experience. Some management responsibility skills and experience.