Senior Compliance Administrator - Jersey
To provide assistance to the Compliance Officer in developing and maintaining an effective compliance culture across the range of regulated services.
To provide a focal point for staff, particularly in the Trust Company Business department, for raising compliance issues and providing information, guidance and support where appropriate. To provide general compliance oversight and undertaking Compliance Monitoring and providing information, guidance and support where required.
- Compliance Monitoring Programme
- Assist with the implementation of the Compliance Monitoring Programme
- Prepare reports detailing scope of review and findings
- Assist in recommendations to address deficiencies
- Monitor the implementation and performance of the recommendations.
- New Business Take-On
- Act as a source of information and assistance to the business function
- Liaise with client facing staff in collating client documentation for compliance files
- Oversee associated processes, including:
- Entity set-ups;
- CDD documentation;
- Client risk assessments;
- Management of 90-day compliance reviews.
- Client Diligence Monitoring Systems
- Assist with investigations and clearances of alerts from the Dow Jones / Pythagoras regular client database scans.
- Project Work as required including Systems / Databases
- Assist with various compliance projects including liaison on IT upgrade implementation;
- Assist in the planning and performance of a data cleansing exercise to include:
- Identifying mandatory data fields;
- Interrogation of exceptions;
- Management of remediation process;
- Assist in the reviews of policies and procedures and carrying out of client reviews in relation to:
- Dear CEO letters;
- Regulatory changes;
- Bank diligence reviews; and
- Service reviews.
- Supervise compliance assistants in achieving compliance objectives
- Maintain compliance/operational registers
- Assist in the integration of new and updated procedures
- Provide information and guidance to compliance assistants;
Technical / Professional / Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in a regulated financial services environment; ideally with a focus on Trust Company Business
- Hold or be studying towards an appropriate professional Compliance qualification.
- Evidence that relevant Continuing Professional Development has been undertaken.
Sound knowledge of the operational policies and procedures, particularly those covering trust company business;
Good level of judgment and logical approach to problem solving;
Excellent oral and written communication skills;
Strong organizational skills and ability to work to deadlines;
High level of accuracy and attention to detail.